Seeing a snake in a zoo or in a forest might seem normal, but what do you do when you see it in your toilet?
A child, Isac Mcfadden of Abilene, Texas, found a rattlesnake in his toilet bowl. "I found this big clump and I knew it was snake," KXVA quoted Isac as saying.
Venomous green snake spotted on board AeroMexico flight
Upon telling his mother, Cassie Mcfadden, who was in a state of shock, told Isac's brother to bring a shovel to kill the snake. "I was just like, what do you do with this? What do you do with this? I don't know,” CNN quoted her as saying.
However, when the Big Country Snake Removal technician arrived, the family was informed that there wasn't just one snake in their house, instead there were 24 Western diamondback rattlesnakes, a venomous species responsible for the second-greatest number of snakebite fatalities in the United States.
According to the company, the snake in the toilet found its way in from an opening in a relief pipe that the representative later sealed.
'Snake on a train' halts Japan bullet express
"This was the first snake that the family has seen on the property in several years.... When I arrived, I immediately noticed a few problematic areas. Intuition took me directly to a storm cellar where I safely removed 13 adult rattlesnakes. After a thorough perimeter check, I crawled underneath the house where I removed another 10, 5 being babies.... 24 snakes total, (including the toilet snake) and the family had no idea," Big Country Snake Removal said on its Facebook page.
This article originally appeared on Indy 100.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ