KARACHI: Pakistan Blind Cricket Team will be leaving for India on January 28 to participate in the T20 Blind Cricket World Cup after the Indian High Commission (IHC) issued visas for the Pakistani team on Wednesday, informed Director Information Pakistan Blind Cricket Council (PBCC) Asif Azeem.
The matches will be held in New Delhi and Bangalore from January 30 to February 12, while the team will leave through the Wagah border.
“The IHC issued the visas on Wednesday, which is great news,” PBCC Chairman Syed Sultan Shah told The Express Tribune. “We have received the visas of the team who are now waiting for the No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Interior Minister.”
He further revealed that permission has been granted and NOC is just a formality which will be received in a day and then the team will leave for India on Saturday. “It is a really good sign for the revival of sporting activities between the two countries. We are hopeful of performing well in the tournament,” he said.
Earlier on Tuesday, PBCC announced a 17-member squad for the second edition of T20 Blind Cricket World Cup. Shah approved the team for the tournament which was sent to him by the selection committee.
Muhammad Jamil will lead the team in green during the tournament while Anees Javed will be his deputy. Meanwhile, the team includes Muhammad Ayyaz, Sajid Nawaz, Amir Ashfaq, Riasat Khan, Muhammad Idrees Saleem, Zaffar Iqbal, Ayub Khan, Badar Munir, Nisar Ali, Matiullah, Muhammad Akram, Mohsin Khan, Israr Hassan, Muhammad Ijaz and Sanaullah Khan.
Habibullah will be traveling with the team as team manager, Abdul Razzaq as head coach and Tahir Mehmood Butt as trainer.
Apart from Pakistan and hosts India, teams from Australia, Bangladesh, England, Nepal, New Zealand, South Africa, Sri Lanka and West Indies will also be seen in action during the tournament.
Pakistan will play their matches in New Delhi and Bangalore as the team opens its campaign on January 30 with a match against New Zealand.