Accidents: Labourer dies of electrocution

Teenage boy battling for life after being exposed to electric power distribution lines


Our Correspondent April 19, 2016
STOCK IMAGE

CHAKWAL: A labourer died after he was electrocuted during the construction work in Chakwal. The incident took place in Nachindi in the limits of Dohman Police Station.

Meanwhile in another incident, a teenage boy lost both his arms after he was electrocuted by an protected high-voltage wire. Sharjeel Ijaz, 14, was playing on the roof when he accidentally touched supply cables running close to the building. He was taken to Chakwal district headquarters hospital and later to Rawalpindi’ Holy Family Hospital where the doctors cut both his arms. Doctors say the boy is still in a critical condition as his colon had also been affected by electrocution.

A 26-year-old man was killed due to electrocution almost six years ago in the city.

Locals have demanded that the authorities take measures to prevent such incidents in the future. They said live high-voltage cables running close to the buildings pose a constant threat to the residents. They urged the Islamabad Electricity Supply Company (IESCO) to take preventive measures.

Published in The Express Tribune, April 19th, 2016.

Our Publications

Most Read

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ