The talented and super animated actor takes our Toss Up challenge and answers our strangest questions, talks about his dream role and about filming Bachaana
1. If you were a Game of Thrones character, which one would it be?
I’d play Khal Drogo. To get emotions across on screen using a language that doesn’t exist is the most challenging and exciting thing about his character.
2. How do people react to you when you enter a large party?
Usually I do not go to large parties, instead I go to places where people already know me and they’ll just drag me into a conversation.
3. If you had the choice to play any role in the movie or TV show, male or female, which would you choose and why?
I’d play Hannibal, the intensity of the role and the fact that he likes to eat humans is fascinating to me!
4. What kind of sickness have you lied about so you wouldn’t go to work?
Fever, stomach-ache, throat infection, it’s always something that is believable and even if karma strikes it’s curable, haha!
5. Tell me about the worst punishment you had when you were a child?
There were so many! I was being naughty once and my father picked me up and chucked me into the fan! Thankfully the fan was shut but I was just dumbstruck as to what had just happened. I also remember that my grandmother used to run after me with a broom and I would devise plans to escape her. When I was at the Pakistan Steel Cadet College, during lunch hour I was three minutes late and I had to do head rolls in the canal and eat in the dining hall with mud dripping down my nose!
6. What was the last picture you took with your phone?
A selfie with the Express News staff that I took earlier today.
7. What was the craziest think that happened on set?
Definitely this waterfall jump that I had to do. I can’t swim and the water was freezing and I had to stay underwater and do the shot. First we did it in the swimming pool and I failed, ironically it was successful in the actual waterfall.
8. What is the one thing you discovered about Sanam Saeed while working on this movie?
She’s very punctual, professional and very easy to work with. The best thing about her is that she is not boring and joins in on all the madness on-set.
9. What question do you hate to answer?
How did you get married? I’m tired of answering that question, it’s been 10 years, and people need to stop asking me that!
10. If aliens landed in front of you and offered you any position on their planet, what would you want?
I will ask for residency over anything else and request to head the film department there.
11. What do you like to snack on while on set/during shooting?
Figs, almonds and yogurt.
12. Was there any catchphrase that got stuck in your head during the shooting of Bachaana?
“Larki Hindustani ho ya Pakistani ho, larki larki hoti hai.”
13. What is the one quirk you discovered about Sanam Saeed while shooting?
When she is in deep thought she makes the funniest faces. They are very funny and it’s interesting that she is completely oblivious to it.
14. Which cartoon character do you resemble the most?
Pink Panther. He’s got major swag!
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ