Those who sat for the University of Engineering and Technology entry test will be able to find out tonight (Thursday) whether or not they made the cut.
The University of Engineering and Technology will publish the entry test results at midnight.
The entry test was given in 13 cities on September 16.
According to university officials, more than 46,000 students have applied for the various programmes the university and its affiliates offer.
The university’s public relations officer Tanveer Qasim told The Express Tribune that the students would have to enter their full name and roll number to find out their marks.
The entry test marks will hold 30 per cent weight towards a composite score on which admissions will be decided. The remaining 70 per cent will be based on the candidate’s intermediate results.
Only students with a Punjab domicile may apply to the 5,000 engineering programmes’ seats and 500 technology programmes’ seats. Forty per cent of the seats at the university’s Kala Shah Kaku campus are reserved for students from other provinces.
The candidates had been given question papers with carbon sheets, which they took home. The university put up answers to the entry test questions on its website on September 16 at midnight so the students could tally their answers.
The university’s prospectus will be available from today at select branches of Habib Bank Limited in various cities including Lahore, Rawalpindi, Sargodha, Bahawalpur, Faisalabad, Gujranwala, Multan and Islamabad.
The applications are also available online. Students can fill the forms online, take a print out and then submit a hard copy with the required documents to the admissions office.
Applications will be accepted from 9am to 2pm till October 4. Classes are expected to begin in late October.
Published in The Express Tribune, September 20th, 2012.