QUETTA: The Judicial Commission constituted by the federal government for the safe recovery of missing persons held its hearing in Quetta on Wednesday. However, a non-governmental organisation invited to appear before it refused, citing lack of trust.
Former Supreme Court judge Justice (retired) Javed Iqbal heard applications from relatives of Baloch missing persons.
Sources said that during the hearing the commission was told that only one missing person out of 10 identified had so far been recovered.
On the other hand, Chairman Voice for Baloch Missing Persons (VBMP) Nasrullah Baloch said his organisation had boycotted the hearing. VBMP is an organisation striving for safe recovery of missing persons. “Some officials approached us for appearing before the commission but we refused to do so because two commissions were formed earlier and they did not give any result,” he said and adding that this commission held its hearing in Quetta a year after its formation.
“We only trust Supreme Court of Pakistan and will not appear before any other commission,” he added.
More in BalochistanGraduation ceremony: 14 killed in blast outside Quetta seminary