LAHORE: Deputy Attorney General, Bahawalpur, Muhammad Azad has said that the Lahore High Court has ordered Ministry of Information officials to appear in court regarding the blockage of nine websites including Google, Yahoo, YouTube and MSN.
Rabia Mehmood, reporter Express 24/7 confirmed that a writ petition had been filed by a citizen in the Bahawalpur bench of the LHC seeking a ban on websites publishing blasphemous material and misquoting the Holy Quran.
The Lahore High Court (LHC) has ordered Ministry of Information officials to appear before the court on June 28, after which a decision will be taken regarding blockage of the sites.
Websites included on the ban list are:
According to Azad the ban will not be implemented today (Wednesday) as indicated by early reports in the media. The fate of the nine websites will be decided following the June 28 hearing, he said.
More in PakistanIndian Foreign Secretary Rao arrives in Islamabad