Conviction: Murder convicts sentenced to death

The man confessed to raping and killer the child during interrogation


Our Correspondent November 07, 2015
PHOTO: AFP

BAHAWALPUR/ FAISALABAD:


An additional district and sessions judge on Monday sentenced a man convicted of murder to death and fined him Rs300,000. He acquitted another accused on over lack of substantial evidence.


Prosecution said Khanpur Saddar police had arrested Ajmal Lar for killing three men over personal enmity with help from Fayaz Ahmed.

After hearing witnesses and examining evidence, Sessions Judge Muhammad Zubair Lar to death and fined him Rs300,000. Ahmad was acquitted.

Faisalabad conviction

Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) Judge Raja Parvaiz Akhtar on Saturday awarded death penalty on four counts to a man he convicted of rape and murder.

Prosecution said Muhammad Saeed, a labourer, had been working at Muhammad Mukhtar’s house in Sir Syed Town. They said he had abducted the latter’s four-year-old daughter and raped her.

They said later, he had strangled the child and hid her dead body under cement bags.

They said he later called the father of the deceased and demanded a Rs15 million ransom for her release.

The girl’s father reported the incident to police who had arrested the suspect in a raid.

The man confessed to raping and killer the child during interrogation.

After hearing witnesses and examining the evidence, Judge Akhtar sentenced Muhammad Saeed to death on four counts. The court also fined him Rs1.5 million.

Published in The Express Tribune, November 8th, 2015.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ