
“He had all his rights, including explaining himself in all necessary details. And with his lawyer,” ethics committee spokesman Andreas Bantel told AFP.
After the 79-year-old’s suspension, his lawyers said: “Blatter was disappointed that the ethics committee did not follow the code of ethics and disciplinary code, both of which provide for an opportunity to be heard.”
The New York Times reported on Friday that Blatter had appealed against the ban, complaining that he only found out about it after it was made public.
But ethics committee spokesman Andreas Bantel said Blatter had been given the chance to put his case on October 1.
Published in The Express Tribune, October 10th, 2015.
Like Sports on Facebook, follow @ETribuneSports on Twitter to stay informed and join in the conversation.
COMMENTS
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ