MQM should be labeled a terrorist organisation, banned: Balochistan home minister

Mir Sarfraz Bugti accuses India’s premier spy agency RAW of creating unrest in Balochistan


Mohammad Zafar/web Desk June 30, 2015
Mir Sarfraz Bugti accuses India’s premier spy agency RAW of creating unrest in Balochistan. PHOTO: NASEEM JAMES/EXPRESS

Balochistan Home Minister Mir Sarfaraz Bugti on Tuesday demanded that the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) be labeled a terrorist organisation and banned over its alleged involvement in anti-state activities.

“MQM should be declared a terrorist organisation after the BBC’s report has exposed its nexus with RAW,” the minister said, while addressing the media.

Read: Balochistan unrest: FC nails six alleged insurgents in separate raids

The minister also accused India’s premier spy agency, RAW, of creating unrest in Balochistan. “India’s RAW is behind terrorist activities in Balochistan and Karachi,” he added.

"There have been evidences of RAW’s involvement in terrorist activities in the country."

Bugti went on to add that evidence of RAW’s involvement in Karachi has also come to light. He said the government will take every step for the betterment of the people of Balochistan.

Responding to a question, the minister said, "Pakistan and Afghanistan are entering  a new era of relations with both countries following the same policy on curbing terrorism."

“Terrorism must not be tolerated by Pakistan and Afghanistan,” he said, urging the leadership of both the countries to increase coordination.

Read: Counter militancy: TTP local chief surrenders in Ziarat

Speaking on security forces operations in the province, the provincial home minister said successful operations have been carried out in Qilla Abdullah, Dera Murad Jamali, Bhag, Khanozai Pishin.

Bugti said the people of the province and their property will be protected under all circumstances. "Terrorism in Balochistan will be wiped out from its roots," he said, while commending the performance of police and FC.

13 terrorists killed 

At least 13 terrorists of a banned outfit were killed during a search operation carried out by security forces in Awaran district of Balochistan.

According to official sources, Frontier Corps carried out a search operation against the Balochistan Liberation Front in Awaran. Thirteen militants, including the brother and nephew of BLF leader were killed in the operation.

Read: Up to 20 killed in clashes between separatist groups in Dera Bugti

Earlier on Monday, up to 20 militants were killed in clashes between two rival armed groups in Peer Masori area of Dera Bugti. According to a source in the security forces, the Baloch Liberation Army militants had attacked the United Baloch Army's Karam Khan Camp in Peer Masori area. As a result of the attack, as many as 20 people were killed in the exchange of firing that lasted for couple of hours.

COMMENTS (13)

Curious | 5 years ago | Reply @Kushal: Watch your PM or any one of your bapus like Mohindas!
Kushal | 5 years ago | Reply @Curious: Worried that if Pakistan collapses (just a matter of time), where will we get the comic content?
VIEW MORE COMMENTS
Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ