Budget: Allied hospitals get Rs3 billion

The remaining 28 per cent will be spent on medicines, medical equipment and laboratory tests


Our Correspondent June 29, 2015

RAWALPINDI: The district administration has approved Rs3 billion for Rawalpindi’s three public hospitals for fiscal year 2015-16. The three allied hospitals are Benazir Bhutto Hospital (BBH), Holy Family Hospital and the District Headquarters Hospital. However, 72 per cent of the total allocation will be spent on staff salaries, payment of utility bills and other recurring expenses. The remaining 28 per cent will be spent on medicines, medical equipment and laboratory tests. Hospital officials said the patient load has increased manifolds but the facilities have not been expanded accordingly. Two development schemes worth Rs195 million have been approved for up-gradation of various departments at BBH.

Published in The Express Tribune, June 30th, 2015.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read