Fatal chore: Woman burned while making sehri

She was rushed to Allied Hospital where she died


Our Correspondent June 26, 2015
STOCK IMAGE

FAISALABAD:


A woman died of burns after her clothes caught fire while preparing sehri at her house in Jhang Bazaar area on Friday.


Police said 35-year-old Sadia Tahir, a resident of Santpura, was cooking food at her house when her clothes caught fire. She was rushed to Allied Hospital where she died. Police said the body had been handed over the family of the deceased.

A woman committed suicide after arguing with her husband near Thikriwala police station on Friday.

A police spokesman told The Express Tribune that the 26-year-old woman had swallowed poison after quarrelling with her husband over a domestic issue. She died at the hospital.

Published in The Express Tribune, June 27th, 2015. 

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read