TODAY’S PAPER | February 18, 2026 | EPAPER

Envoy’s body flown back to Manila

Ceremony with guard of honour held at Noor Airbase


Our Correspondent May 13, 2015 1 min read
Ceremony with guard of honour held at Noor Airbase. PHOTO: REUTERS

ISLAMABAD: A special C-130 aircraft carrying the body of the deceased envoy of the Philippines Domingo D Lucenario Jr, who was killed in last week’s tragic helicopter accident in Naltar Valley, left Islamabad for Manila on Tuesday.

Commerce Minister Khurram Dastgir Khan and an officer from the ministry of foreign affairs, were accompanying the senior officials of the Philippines and family member of the late ambassador on the special plane, said a statement issued here by the Foreign Office.

“A dignified ceremony with guard of honour, paying respects to the deceased ambassador, was held at Noor Khan Airbase, Islamabad, before departure,” the statement added.

Meanwhile, the Foreign Office said Adviser to the Prime Minister on National Security and Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz called Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi on Tuesday to offer ‘deep condolences and sympathies’ over the loss of life of Heri Listyawati, wife of Ambassador Burhan Muhammad, who also got injured, in a tragic helicopter crash in the Northern Areas on May 8.

Appreciating the services of late Madam Listyawati, the adviser paid tribute to Madam Listyawati for being an ardent promoter of strong bonds of friendship between Pakistan and Indonesia. “She will be greatly missed. May her soul rest in peace.”

He also prayed for the early recovery of Ambassador Burhan Muhammad.

Indonesia’s foreign minister expressed her government’s gratitude for the support provided by Pakistan immediately after the tragic accident.

Published in The Express Tribune, May 13th, 2015. 

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ