QUETTA: Two men infected with the Congo virus passed away on Saturday while a woman, who also contracted the fatal virus, is still being treated, District Health Officer Mohammed Shah told The Express Tribune.
“Thirty-year-old Abdullah Jan died at the Combined Military Hospital (CMH) Zhob, while 60-year-old Taween Khan passed away in Multan,” Shah said.
Further, Shah added, Abdur Razzaq, 25, was admitted at Jilani Hospital Quetta earlier but had been discharged after treatment.
“A woman was also admitted at Fatma Jinnah TB Sanatorium Quetta,” DHO Zhob told The Express Tribune, adding that she was still being treated.
All patients were reportedly infected in a a small village, Killi Blump, comprising 12 to 13 houses near Mena Bazaar, about 40 kilometres from Zhob city.
“They were infected in July and the virus was confirmed after blood tests,” Shah added.
The patients went to Quetta and Multan for medical treatment where doctors confirmed that they had contracted the fever.
Medical Superintendent District Headquarters Hospital Zhob, Abdul Rehman, said a team of the health department had sprayed the village to prevent the fever from spreading, while animals were also vaccinated.
“Family members of the affected people were also vaccinated to avoid the spread of the fatal virus,” Rehman told The Express Tribune.