Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat (ASWJ) announced on Monday that it will stage a sit-in outside the Balochistan High Court to put pressure on the judiciary for the safe recovery of its 160 activists who have been missing for the past couple of years from different parts of Pakistan.
Ghazi Aurangzeb Farooqi, ASWJ’s central information secretary, made this announcement during a news conference at Quetta Press Club on Monday.
“ASWJ condemns the terrorism and targeted killings in Pakistan. Some elements falsely accuse us of carrying out deadly attacks in the country,” he told journalists. Farooqi accused government functionaries of unlawfully detaining its activists. At least 60 activists are missing from Balochistan alone, he said.
He added that the list of missing activists had been submitted to the Supreme Court but no action has been taken. “ASWJ will soon announce the date of the sit-in protest,” Farooqi said.
Published in The Express Tribune, August 5th,2014.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ