Fatal negligence: Four die due to electric shock

A seven-year old and 10-year-old were among the deceased


Our Correspondent August 05, 2014

FAISALABAD:


Four people, including two children, died on Monday after receiving electric shocks in separate incidents.


According to the police, 45-year-old Ahmad Ali, a resident of Club Chowk, had been trying to switch on a water pump when he received a fatal electric shock and fainted. He died soon after.

In the second incident, 17-year-old Sagheer, a resident of Adda Bagh Aminpur Road, received a fatal electric shock from a pedestal fan and fainted. He later passed away as well.

Aasia, a seven-year-old girl from Chak 151-JB, received an electric shock from a water pump, while she was playing in her house. The girl passed away before any medical help could be provided.

In yet another incident, 10-year-old Ali Haidar, a resident of Chak 144-JB, received a fatal electric shock while switching on a pedestal fan.

Published in The Express Tribune, August 5th, 2014.

Our Publications

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ