These sweet pancakes are a staple Eid tradition in many parts of India and will leave you and your guests wanting more.
• Boil the milk with sugar and set it aside to cool.
• Mix in beaten eggs and rosewater.
• Slowly, add the flour and roasted semolina to the milk and mix thoroughly, ensuring there are no lumps left. The mixture should be smooth in consistency.
• Set the mixture aside for about three to four hours.
• Heat oil in a frying pan and pour 1 tbsp of the mixture in it. Do not let the mixture spread.
• Fry on both sides.
• Serve hot or cold. Your Malpuras are now ready!
Gulnaz Mondegarian is an expert in Iranian cuisine who has co-hosted Food Diaries alongside Zarnak Sidhwa to celebrate Community Food Week
Published in The Express Tribune, Ms T, July 27th, 2014.