For the dough:
For the filling:
• Prepare the dough by mixing the flour, oil, salt and sugar with sufficient water and knead it into smooth dough. Set it aside for about 10 minutes.
• Divide the dough in equal portions and roll each portion into a thin round of about 7-inches.
• Place one uncooked round of dough on a flat surface and spread the chicken and vegetables on it. This will form the first layer of the paratha. Cover this layer with another round of dough and spread the cheese and corn filling over it. Repeat the process a third time and seal the edges with clarified butter and egg white.
• Cook both sides of the paratha with olive oil on low flame until it becomes lightly crisp.
• Cut the paratha into small wedges and serve hot.
tHuba Akbar is currently pursuing a Bachelors degree in Mass Communication and Journalism. In her free time, she likes to write, design clothes and cook.
Published in The Express Tribune, Ms T, July 6th, 2014.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ