Smoked chicken, vegetables and pita bread get a Moroccan touch with lemon juice and chilli in this recipe for delicious wraps. Addiction guaranteed!
• Mix together the dry ingredients and pour in lemon juice. Adjust the taste if required.
• Add 1 tsp of olive oil to form a paste of the dry ingredients.
• Marinate the chicken strips in the paste for about 30 minutes (or overnight).
• Fry the chicken on a grill or in a pan for about 10 – 15 minutes, until it is cooked thoroughly.
• Toast the pita bread in the oven for 2 -3 minutes (on each side)
• Place the chicken strips in the centre of the pita bread and garnish it with the chopped onions, tomatoes and chillies.
• Roll the pita bread into a wrap. Your dish is now ready!
• Hummus can be added to the wrap for extra dressing.
• The chicken strips can also be grilled and served without the pita bread.
Seemi Aamir is a part-time teacher and mother of three who spends much of her free time trying out new recipes and creating her own.
Published in The Express Tribune, Ms T, June 29th, 2014.