Tragic: Bride among 3 killed by exhaust fumes

Three persons died of inhaling poisonous fumes from a generator.


Our Correspondent May 18, 2014

DERA GHAZI KHAN: Three persons died of inhaling poisonous fumes from a generator while sleeping in their room on Saturday night. One person is in critical condition at a hospital. Ghulam Asghar, 20, a resident of Darkwast Jamal Khan, had married his cousin Uzma Mai on Saturday. Asghar’s father told journalists that his son, the new bride and two of his sisters Halima, 7, and Alina, 5, were sleeping in the same room. He said they had turned the generator on as there was no electricity. The generator’s exhaust pipe led to the room’s window and pumped poisonous fumes in it. “When we knocked at the door in the morning, no one answered so we broke the door down and found the four of them unconscious,” he said. A doctor was summoned and he confirmed that Uzma, Halima and Alina were dead. Asghar was taken to the Dera Ghazi Khan Teaching Hospital in a serious condition. The doctors later said that he was likely to survive.

Published in The Express Tribune, May 19th, 2014.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read