This therefore ends PCB’s isolation within the international community and opens doors to international cricket. Bilateral cricket tours from 2015-23 will be conducted as well with all members of the ICC, including arch rivals India.
“We had completed the discussion, consultation and negotiation phase with regard to the revised resolutions. It was important for us to get assurances on bilateral cricket with all Boards, especially India, which we have now received,” PCB Chairman Najam Sethi announced.
“The detailed Future Tour Programs are now being finalised with all, especially India. The fact that the resolutions have been diluted considerably from when these were first presented, and are now unobjectionable encouraged us to support these,” he added.
Sethi is expected to announce further details of the ICC meetings at a press conference at Gaddafi Stadium on Friday.
Supporting Big3 equivalent to destruction of the sport
Former PCB chairman Zaka Ashraf said on Thursday that India has not accepted the Future Tour Programme for the last seven years, Express News reported.
He added that supporting the Big Three is equivalent of wanting the destruction of cricket as a sport.
The former chairperson said that all countries had already shown their preference for bilateral series.
COMMENTS
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ