ISLAMABAD: President Asif Ali Zardari on Tuesday summoned party members for an emergency Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Core Committee meeting which ended with a decision to maintain an alliance with the MQM.
The PPP was also expected to be reviewing its relationship with the judiciary in this critical meeting in the light of the current tensions between the executive and judiciary.
The PPP has been dealing with the following issues in the struggle from crisis to crisis:
- The ongoing case in the Supreme Court regarding the media reports that the government may withdraw the March 16, 2009 executive for restoration of judges.
- The 18th amendment case on which the Supreme Court is expected to give its verdict soon.
- The government’s petition on the National Reconciliation Order (NRO) review case.
- The government’s alliance with the MQM in the backdrop of earlier reports that the MQM would be withdrawing from the coalition.
- The government’s relationship with the media in the light of what the PPP claims was a deliberate attempt to spread false news against it.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ