AJK council meeting: PM expected to approve Rs14 billion budget

Some 80% of budget will be financed by AJK govt while remaining 20% will be arranged by federal govt.


Our Correspondent December 03, 2013
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif. PHOTO: AFP/FILE

MUZAFFARABAD:


Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif will arrive here on Tuesday to preside over a budget meeting of the Azad Jammu and Kashmir Council.


The prime minister, who is also chairman of the AJK Council, will approve the Rs14 billion budget 2013-14, after a delay of five months.


Some 80 per cent of the budget will be financed by the AJK government while the money for the remaining 20 per cent will be arranged by the federal government to carry out development projects throughout the region.


Sharif is also expected to meet leaders of various political parties, AJK assembly members and representatives of both factions of the All Parties Hurriyat Conference.


Published in The Express Tribune, December 3rd, 2013.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read