CHAKWAL: A young woman died of electrocution in Chakwal on Monday, allegedly at the hands of her in-laws. Nayyar Abbas, the victim’s half-brother, lodged a complaint with the Saddar police stating Sania Batool died after being electrocuted by her husband Fahad Khalid and his grandfather Painda Khan. He told the police that Batool had told him on the phone that Khalid and Khan had warned her of dire consequences if she did not sever contact with him (Abbas). He said their uncle Ghulam Munawar informed him on the phone on Monday that Batool had been admitted to District Headquarters Hospital in critical condition. By the time he reached the hospital, doctors pronounced her dead. The police registered a case against the suspects and investigation is underway.
Published in The Express Tribune, August 6th, 2013.