FAISALABAD: Three men died on Friday from consuming toxic liquor. The police said Shahbaz Ahmed with his friends Muhammad Gulzar and George Masih had organised a party to celebrate the birth of a friend’s son. The liquor was served and those drinking it started feeling ill and fell unconscious. They were taken to the DHQ hospital where the three of them died. Muhammad Rafiq, the doctor on duty at the emergency ward said, “Apparently the men died due to the liquor. We have sent samples to the laboratory for tests.” Batala Colony SHO Abid Zafar took the bodies of Shahbaz and George for autopsy but Gulzar’s family had taken away his body before the police arrived. Iqbal Town SP Zulfiqar Ahmad said taking away the body of a person suspected of having been poisoned was a crime.
Published in The Express Tribune, July 27th, 2013.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ