Eight passengers burn in van fire

According to Rescue 1122 officials was caused the explosion by a gas leak.


Our Correspondent July 14, 2013
The injured were taken to district headquarters hospital where two of them were reported to be critical, says recue officials. PHOTO: FILE

LAYYAH:


Eight people sustained burns on Sunday when a passenger van caught fire while being refilled at a CNG station in Layyah. Rescue 1122 officials said a gas leak caused the explosion.


The injured were taken to district headquarters hospital where two of them were reported to be critical, they said. The van had been on its way to Dera Ghazi Khan from Layyah.

In Bahawalpur, the body of a man was recovered on Sunday from Ahmadpur Branch Canal. Rescue 1122 officials said the deceased, Malik Hanif, 38, a resident of Melay Wali Gali, had drowned 20 hours before the body was found.

They said Hanif had gone swimming near Chak-10BC with his friends.

His body, they said, was found floating some 20km downstream. Hanif was a father to five children. He was buried at the Wanjeel graveyard, Melay Wali Gali.

Published in The Express Tribune, July 15th, 2013.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read