The perfect tossed green salad is a mark of a great cook and a salad made of fresh greens can truly make a meal. Take a moment to learn this recipe for the ideal salad and push yourself a step further towards health and fitness!
Broccoli 4 stalks
Cabbage leaves 3
French beans 3 stalks
Virgin oil 2 tbsp
Lemon juice to taste
Sugar to taste
Salt and pepper as desired
• Dice the eggs and tomatoes.
• Separate the broccoli flowers from the stalks.
• Split the cabbage leaves into 2 pieces.
• Slice the French beans and then cut them into two.
• Toss all the vegetables in virgin oil.
• Add the salt, pepper, lemon juice and sugar mixture and mix thoroughly.
Zeenat Iqbal is a stay-at-home mother of three. In her free time, she enjoys devising new recipes and writing short stories for children. Email her at [email protected] for some great cooking advice
Published in The Express Tribune, Ms T, June 23rd, 2013.
Like MsT on Facebook, follow @TribmagMsT on Twitter for your dose of girl talk.