ISLAMABAD: The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) named total of eleven former MPAs and senators who were proven to have fake degrees, Express News reported on Sunday.
The ECP ordered the session courts take relevant action against the guilty.
The former members of assembly who were proven guilty include:
• Pakistan Muslim League Quaid (PML-Q) MPA Samina Khawar Hayat
• PML-Q MPA Seemal Kamran
• PPP MPA Mir Nadir Magsi
• Brother of Governor Zulfikar Magsi – PML-Q MPA Nawabzada Tariq Magsi
• PML-Q Senator Balochistan Rehana Yahya Baloch
• Balochistan National party (BNP) senator Israrullah Zehri
• Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) MPA Shumaila Rana
• Pakistan Peoples Party Parliamentarian (PPPP) MPA Bashir Ahmed Khan
• Pakistan Muslim League (PML) MPA Rana Ijaz Ahmed Noon
• PPP MPA Shabina Khan
• Balochistan senator PML-Q Mir Mohabbat Khan Marri
The ECP had earlier reserved judgement on twelve members on April 5.
The Supreme Court on April 3, directed the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) to reopen cases against 24 lawmakers accused of holding fake degrees.
District courts across the country continued awarding jail sentences and penalties to former lawmakers believed to be in possession of fake degrees.
Rubina Khan and PPP MPA Mukesh Kumar were relieved of the charges.