Eggplant and parmesan cheese is a classic combination. This delicious cheesy recipe is totally worth slaving in the kitchen.
Round Eggplants (roasted on open fire and skinned) 3
Chopped Onion 1
Crushed Garlic 1 tsp
Beaten Egg 1
Flour ½ cup
Salt to taste
Crushed Red Chili 1 tsp
Bread crumbs 1 cup
Grated Parmesan Cheese 1 cup
Chopped Coriander 1 tbsp
Chopped Green Chilies 2
Cooking Oil for shallow frying
• Scoop out the roasted eggplant and whiz the insides in the blender for 2 minutes.
• Transfer it in a bowl and add all the remaining ingredients.
• Thoroughly mix all the ingredients together and adjust the seasoning according to taste.
• Shape the mixture into round patties.
• Shallow fry the patties until golden brown on both sides.
• Serve with char grilled green chilies.
Preparation time: 45 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Serves 6 to 8 people
Shafia Agha works as a PR consultant and runs a food blog: gobblemywords.wordpress.com. She loves trying out new recipes. Follow her on facebook.com/GobbleMyWords and @shafiaagha
Published in The Express Tribune, Ms T, March 10th, 2013.
Like MsT on Facebook for your dose of girl talk.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ