Eggplant and parmesan cheese is a classic combination. This delicious cheesy recipe is totally worth slaving in the kitchen.
Round Eggplants (roasted on open fire and skinned) 3
Chopped Onion 1
Crushed Garlic 1 tsp
Beaten Egg 1
Flour ½ cup
Salt to taste
Crushed Red Chili 1 tsp
Bread crumbs 1 cup
Grated Parmesan Cheese 1 cup
Chopped Coriander 1 tbsp
Chopped Green Chilies 2
Cooking Oil for shallow frying
• Scoop out the roasted eggplant and whiz the insides in the blender for 2 minutes.
• Transfer it in a bowl and add all the remaining ingredients.
• Thoroughly mix all the ingredients together and adjust the seasoning according to taste.
• Shape the mixture into round patties.
• Shallow fry the patties until golden brown on both sides.
• Serve with char grilled green chilies.
Preparation time: 45 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Serves 6 to 8 people
Shafia Agha works as a PR consultant and runs a food blog: gobblemywords.wordpress.com. She loves trying out new recipes. Follow her on facebook.com/GobbleMyWords and @shafiaagha
Published in The Express Tribune, Ms T, March 10th, 2013.
Like MsT on Facebook for your dose of girl talk.