Politicians ridicule Musharraf on return claims

By AFP
Published: September 11, 2010
The former president said that he was not afraid of legal action against him. PHOTO: AFP

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s top political parties on Saturday ridiculed former President Pervez Musharraf’s claim of a return to politics, saying there is no room for him in the country’s political arena.

Musharraf said that he would return to politics, form a new political party and stand for parliament at the next general election in 2013.

His comments, given in an interview with the BBC in London, were greeted with scorn from political rivals.

‘The former president is a coward man and he will not return to Pakistan,’ a leader of Pakistan’s largest Islamic party Jamat-e-Islami, Liaqat Baloch, told AFP.

‘The entire country is engulfed in a serious crisis because of the culture that Musharraf introduced in Pakistan.

‘Neither does he enjoy public support nor will he find courage to return to Pakistan,’ he added.

The 67-year-old Musharraf said he was not scared of the threat of legal action against him and insisted that he had to try to lift Pakistan out of its ‘pathetic situation’.

‘The brave former army commando preferred to run away instead of facing courts of law in Pakistan,’ Siddique-ul-Farooque, spokesman for Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz), told AFP.

Musharraf ousted former prime minister Nawaz Sharif in a bloodless coup in 1999. He was president from 2001 and has mostly lived in London since resigning in 2008.

‘He (Musharraf) lives in fool’s paradise if he thinks he will again become Pakistan’s president,’ Farooque said, referring to his current status as ‘hibernation’.

He said: ‘Musharraf must remember that whenever he gets out of this hibernation and comes back to Pakistan, he will have to face the courts.’

But Musharraf said possible legal cases against him were not putting him off a swift return. However, he admitted his popularity had waned but said it was still strong among the majority of Pakistanis who do not vote.

‘Two hundred percent I will participate in the next election. Standing for myself. Standing for a party that I’ll create,’ Musharraf said Friday in London, where he lives in exile.

‘I do intend creating a new party because I think the time has come in Pakistan when we need to introduce a new political culture: a culture which can take Pakistan forward on a correct democratic path, not on an artificial, make-believe democratic path.

A former minister in his government welcomed the announcement.

‘Musharraf’s return to politics is the need of the hour and only he can safeguard Pakistan and its interests,’ Dr. Sher Afgan Niazi said, adding that the former president had the ‘vision and wisdom’ to save the country.

‘He (Musharraf) is an asset for this country, who did a great job by protecting vital national interests and strengthening economy and social sector during his tenure.’

• Sal
    Sep 11, 2010 - 6:03PM

hahaha all these politicians are pointing fingers on musharraf as if they themselves are the cleanest people in the world.. pathetic like anything..Recommend

• I Salim
    Sep 11, 2010 - 8:02PM

ditto to Sal comment – pot calling the kettle black!Recommend

• Sep 11, 2010 - 8:35PM

Siddique-ul-Farooque is a mouth piece of PML-N and they are scared of Musharaf fobia.

They tried their best to drag Musharaff on many false case, but till todate were not successful.
    They will keep doing mud-slinging but now the nation is more matured than before as media is playing best ever role to enlighten them with the facts.

PML-N who is wrongly assuming that the next Government will be theirs. But they are the ones who are living in Fool’s paradise. Musharaff is equally popular in Punjab beside other provinces.

I suggest Musharaff to keep his new party’s name as SSPP (SUBSE PEHLAY PAKISTAN PARTY).

Come back great statesman Mushaff, a warm welcome is awaiting you over here in Pakistan.

Best Regards

Dr. Saleem SiddiqiRecommend

• Sep 11, 2010 - 10:02PM

u don’t need to come back since u’ve allergy with ur own religion, rather then to push government official in direct talks with Taliban u started killing own people?

you kill my brother & i kill ur brother, we are square? is this ur politics? huhRecommend

• SYED AGHA ALI MOOSAVI
    Sep 11, 2010 - 10:52PM

Pervez Mushsarraf went with a guard of honor and a 21 gun salute and he will return also in flying colors
    all talibaniz will see thatRecommend

• Sep 11, 2010 - 10:52PM

I am no Musharaf fan, however, by denying him the legitimate right to stand in elections as a Pakistani citizen is far from democratic. It is not for the politicians of the day to declare that there is no “space” for him. That is for the people of Pakistan to decide. As for Musharaf himself, theres not much that comes out his mouth that I particularly care for, however, as they say, “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it” Recommend

• Anonymous
    Sep 11, 2010 - 11:01PM

@Dr. Siddiqui: you left nothing for me to add. thumbs upRecommend

• Sep 11, 2010 - 11:05PM

@Dr. Saleem Siddiqi: you left nothing to add for me. Thumbs-up. Mush will come soonRecommend

• Parvez Mahmud
    Sep 11, 2010 - 11:18PM

‘I have fought wars, I have faced dangers and I’m a lucky man. I’ll try my luck again and I’m not scared of that,’ he said.’

I started Kargil and see the result
    I took that fool Sharif out like a fly out of milk
    I started peace talks with India and shook New Delhi to the core
    I joined War on Terror and made it Pakistan’s war
    I opened western front which is still hot
    I attacked Lal Masjid and made WOT into a civil war
    I authored NRO and made it possible to get rid of BB
    I made flexible Kashmir policy, so it is no more Pakistan problem
    I picked a banker as PM so that we can party for 9 years
    My energy policy made it possible to not bother turning the lights on.

Show me one leader who has done so much single handed.
    ZB eat your heart out.Recommend

• Sep 12, 2010 - 1:20AM

Musharraf will not be ridiculed by ridiculous.Recommend

• Ghausia
    Sep 12, 2010 - 2:08AM

God forbid us if those moronic fundies ever get to introduce their kind of culture in the country. The horror. The day Musharraf comes back is the day I’ll admit that maybe, there is a God out there. The day he stands in the elections will be the first time in my life that I’ll actually use my right to vote.Recommend

• Yousaf
    Sep 12, 2010 - 2:34AM

wow.. I want to ask these coward politicians a question.. are you afraid of Gen. Musharraf – who are you comment on what he want to do..? I am damn sure that all the PML(N) are very much afraid of him. There will be only compitition between PPP & APML … no more PML(N).

Wait for the days you corrupt politicians, when your HUKKA PAANI will be shut off by Gen. Musharraf.

He is welcomed to Pakistan with open and warm hearts – Pakistan First. Recommend

• Ali
    Sep 12, 2010 - 4:11AM

I hope you safe return home and wish you good luck for your efforts to become the head of our nation. I know you will not give up and i hope you make all the right choices. I cant wait to see you as our leader again. may allah shower you with his blessings upon you. stay firm sir people who care about pakistan are with you. Recommend

• Sep 12, 2010 - 5:58AM

It is very important for the sovereignty of the Land of Pure that Sir Musharraf comes back. It’s about time these corrupt politicians who are frittering nation’s resources without an iota of remorse, taught a lesson. The deMOCKcrats should admit that their much hyped political system has proven to be a mocking circus and they are the jokers. Recommend

• Zafar
    Sep 12, 2010 - 7:16AM

Musharraf seems to be the only patriotic, honest and intelligent leader. So why should current politicians not ridicule him.Recommend

• Malik Tabeer
    Sep 12, 2010 - 7:26AM

Wah Real leader stand always with their nation when ever they needed doesn’t matter they are ruling are not
    Best of Luck President musharrafRecommend

• pakistani
    Sep 12, 2010 - 7:32AM

A sad state of affairs, we cannot find and select new and better leaders to put our faith in, we continue to discuss, try and re-try the same old insincere, myopic, shallow and corrupt leaders we have boought into power before or came by force,Recommend

• Qasim
    Sep 12, 2010 - 10:18AM

Thumbs up Bro Parvez i think u said it all in reply to blind folded musharraf fans !Recommend

• Sep 12, 2010 - 11:19AM

Criticizing and mud-slinging is the simpliest thing in the world. Yes I agree that Musharaff did few mistake as he is also a human being and hope he will learn from his mistakes.

But his overall performance was the excellent, best and corruption free.

You may recall Musharaff tried to delay LaL Masjid operations and prople started to blame him that this Lal Masjid Drama has been instigated by Musharaff Government only to divert public attention from judiciary crises. So it he delays – he is accused and when he takes action – he is still accused. That is why it is easy for one to blame.

Kargil action was nicely planned and even India got scared as Pakistan Army was on top of the hill to push them back. But alas our Coward leader Nawaz Sharif (NS) alias Kaghazi Sher immediately flown to US and begged President USA to tell India not to attack on us. What a shame.

Peace talks with India in Musharaff era started and was about to be conlduded with some results. Indian Government and even their hostile media was well covered by the acumen of Musharaff who did allowed them to ride on him. It was a great success.

NRO was agreed to bring back both PPP and NS. If this would not have done, you would have still see PML-Q in power. It was a great credit to Musharaff to allow bo th these parties and given them a chance for fair and free election which is a feather on the head of Musharaff.

Mushaff cried and did his best for Kalabagh and other Dams. Kalabagh Dam was shot down by Vaderas (now in power) on political reasons. He had not enough time to complete other Dams except few of them. It was credit to him that Load Shedding was not prevailed in those days like these days where we count when the electric will come.

Judge a person with his poritive attitude and other positive performance. Hope Musharaff will deliver more when he will be elected in majority not less than 2/3rd to implement his revolutionary refoms in this country.

We dont need the present type of democracy which is making poor to poorer and poorer to pooriarist. Enough is enough.

Regards

Dr. Saleem SiddiqiRecommend

• habib
    Sep 12, 2010 - 11:51AM

please sir your country needs you……….geo mushrafRecommend

• Sep 12, 2010 - 2:11PM

Politicians may or may not ridicule general lmusharaf’s return claims but the whole nation is certainly ridiculing the present crop of polirticians for their misdeeds and corruption and failure to give the nation a true vision.Recommend

• Talha
    Sep 12, 2010 - 3:30PM

I prefer Musharraf over all other leaders.Recommend

• pakistani
    Sep 12, 2010 - 4:46PM

Short memories of our people and landing in a worst mess does not mean all should be forgotten and so called leaders given a second chance. Try some one with sincerity, sincerety, sincerity and clean hands.We must have one at least out of 170m!!Recommend

• shahzad khan
    Sep 12, 2010 - 7:42PM

Pakistan needs you, Welcome Sir! & save us from corrupt politicians, biased media & JudiciaryRecommend

• Sep 12, 2010 - 9:20PM

An unfortunate country where the doctrine of ‘chori aur Seena zori’ prevails with impunity.. Instead of feeling ashamed over their failures, our booted out rulers are always banking upon worse failures of their successors.to make themselves look better again.
    For God ‘s sake ban ‘spent bullets’ from trying to line up and.fire again.. Pakistan has 170 million people. Any well meaning average person body could have done better given the unbridled powers that God gave Musharraf.
    He should relax and write a book on how he turned his back on the promises he made to the nation at the time of lunching a military coup and taking over absolute power.
    He should repent the harm he did to this country by harboring extremism which went out of his control and turned into terrorism.
    Disqualification of Musharraf for a comeback does not mean the present leaders are any better. We need a complete change of system, otherwise the rot will persist in recycled forms.Recommend

• Mohammad tauseef
    Sep 13, 2010 - 4:10AM

The comments here should be an eye-opener for the current political leaders. Musharraf clearly seems to have gained sympathies from the time of his removal from the power.

Let me be very clear, I consider Musharraf to be a usurper of power, but the way he is posturing leaves me little doubt that he really wishes to stage a come back.

Let’s suppose he come back by the middle or end of 2012 and finally decides to fight the 2013 election! Of course he’d wish to win!
    So?
    He doesn’t have a political party a the moment, even his so-called PML-Q Lotas except Sher Afghan- the Liar are not supporting him. So what does he need? He would need support from the old-timers (maybe MQM!!?) or some new faces to become the prime-minister of Pakistan ( Hahaha…., imagine “Prime-Minister Musharraf”)!!

So, how?

The answer is clear: Only through army’s complete backing of him.

I’m sure he enjoys excellent relations with our current god- “The invincible Kiyani”- remember, Musharraf passed on the army leadership to Kiyani. (I’m sure he must have done it on merit, so is my impression! but there must be a soft corner in Kiyani’s heart for Mushi.)

Ok. Let’s build the conspiracy theory a little further.

Lets suppose by the end of 2012, which is two years from now, there is a general impression that the PPP led Government has badly failed in tackling the flood situation and issues in general- like price hike, Energy crisis and so on. The politicians like always are heaping garbage over each other before the election season.

Army like always is the powerful institution and doesn’t like Nawaz League for taking a tough stance against it. MQM, JUI-F are moldable parties. Could ANP be a huge problem to tackle? Could be tackled!

Even if Nawaz League takes vote in Punjab, an army friendly Musharraf-League might not look too bad an option for army.

Musharraf should pray that the Army Intelligence Agencies by the end of 2012, should tell Kiyani that Musharraf League provides the best set-up for ensuring Army’s interest in the country. And bingo! All is done.

Who knows, these small matters might already have been decided for the sake of stability and smooth transfer of power? The old buddies might already have brokered a conditional deal between them! Recommend

• Parvez Mahmud
    Sep 13, 2010 - 5:15AM

Dr Saleem Siddiqi
    You may be a good PR person, soft paddling Musharaff’s blunders but I’m a realist and an equal opportunity critic. I’m neutral as far as various players are concerned.
    Let me take up the question of economic performance. During his tenure, there were $100 billion of excess resources available to the country. He tried to build consumption based economy and Banker Aziz was perfect for doing it. Such an economy requires ever increasing amount of financial resources to sustain it. How can you import goods $34 billion and export only $17 billion for extended period of time. Name me one export industry which could fill this gap. Any third rate economist would see that in ten minutes. These things are beyond any dictator’s comprehension. You would say America is doing it for years but America can print dollars without limit.
    Let me take up Kargil issue. No army should take an action unless there is a clear path to end state including the political ramifications. If you remember, the purpose of this operation was to cut off Indian troops resupply and when Indians escalated the fighting where was the great general.
    I could give you my analysis of his other actions but defer for reason of brevity.
    This man is brave when he has gun in his hand and coward when faced with counter force, shallow in his thinking and impulsive. None of his actions ended in any positive outcome.
    He is banking on PML-Q and MQM to carry the day and these groups benefited greatly during his time.
    Dr. Mahmud Recommend

• Qamar Zaman
    Sep 13, 2010 - 8:20AM

This is the biggest fect that pakistani nation always forget past of these leaders . which is weakest point of this nation.Recommend

• MI
    Sep 13, 2010 - 8:21AM

Statement given by Siddique Al Farooq of PML-N in itself speaks the volume of fear that our corrupt politician have from Musharraf return. I am sure sooner or later people like Siddique Al Farooq will become psyche patient if Musharraf continue to announce his political comeback.

Sir Musharraf welcome, this is your country and people are waiting for someone to lead them who can get the country rid off from corrupt, selfish and hypocrite politicians. Long live Musharraf. Pakistan First.Recommend

• Ahmer Ali
    Sep 13, 2010 - 12:17PM

Assalam-o-Allaikum Warahmatullah.Present PPPP corrupt leaders (NRO certified) and PML (N) leaders who show solidarity with nation but become the part of cruel and brutal law-making proceedure in the National Assembly with PPPP leaders shall oppose Musharraf’s return because they know that they are not doing very well with the nation and they are fighting with each other like cats and dogs and the whole country’s security is on the edge and every one knows very well that PPPP present leadership is the crop of NRO introduced by Musharraf in 2007 and how can they afford Musharraf’s return and as far as Musharraf’s regime Lal Masjid opperation is concerned this was Musharraf’s the biggest committed mistake but if you see present government’s performance and compare with Musharraf’s regime and you will see that innocent and sinless people’s killings on daily basis on the name of terrorism in PPPP regime through US Drone attacks,military’s operations,security forces’ operations and FC’s operations is much the more dangerous,brutal and cruel than Musharraf’s Lal Masjid operation once.Mr. Pervez Musharraf please do come back for the security,prosperity and strength of Pakistan and Pakistani nation.Recommend

• Shahid Khan
    Sep 13, 2010 - 12:28PM

Dr Siddiqi is the greatest! What all genetically corrupt politicians do not understand is that if the noble Musharraf is able to convince his old constituency, he will get more than 2/3 majority whenever free and fair elections are held in the country. Viva la Musharraf – unless even nobler Imran Khan pips him at the post in the next couple of months without any need for the elections. In either case we shall have untold prosperity and live happily for ever after.Recommend

• Sep 13, 2010 - 1:12PM

Let us not make it a pro and anti Musharraf discussion. Parvez Mahmud has dispassionately analyzed the real situation. It is a fact that Dictators enjoy absolute powers which elected leaders do not.

Like Parvez said which elected govt had $100 billion at it’s disposal. Politicians are always clearing their tails and in between are blackmailed by party workers etc. Military rulers do not suffer such limitations. If they were true to their promises they could have done wonders but being from the same soil they also fall to greed and selfishness and create worse problems for the country their competitor politicians.

If Musharraf supporters boast of economic well being during his time, they must realise that it was temporary, superficial and at a very high actual cost using the billions of US dollars obtained for selling our sovereignty, using casino economics juggled by the financial clown Shaukat Aziz who hurriedly deserted Pakistan after doing his job. Musharraf can best be described as a Don Quixote who with his Sancho Panza (Short Cut Aziz) pushed this country further into the dust and themselves ran away to give lectures abroad on how to govern (ruin) a country.Recommend

• Aftab Kenneth Wilson
    Sep 13, 2010 - 2:44PM

I remember the last words of Mr. Pervaiz Musharaf with raised hands “Pakistan ka Khuda Hi Hafiz”. So what have we all gained after his demise??? Where are those stupid “Voqla” and their master minds in this time of National Needs. Why is Media so aggressive and is only interested in its own ratings? Both lower and superior judiciary so willingly takes up those cases which will only pave way for some other forces. All seem to be out there for major type of destruction. Media Houses have opened their own accounts in the name of flood reliefs and as such openly speaks and propagates that no body trusts the government, people only trust in us (media persons) whereas these Media Houses are not prepared to pay the due taxes which now amounts to billions. It is now commonly known that they have been given Stay Order by the Judiciary. All Pillars of the state are at logger heads and are simply doing Point Scoring. Are we heading towards revolution from the lowest level because upper ones seem to be knowing nothing what is happening on the ground level. Before something lethal happens with our country it is the national duty of all the pillars of the state to sit together and devise some formula on how to bring back our country on its own feet. Stop all types of nonsense and do all which the citizens want from you to do.Recommend

• Copper
    Sep 13, 2010 - 4:33PM

Mr. Musharraf when you had absoulte power what good did you do to the country? You can hardly win a councillor seat, elections are not fought on facebook!! Recommend

• Danish
    Sep 13, 2010 - 6:56PM

Welcome Back Sir Musharraf Recommend

• Danish
    Sep 13, 2010 - 6:58PM

Copper read the stats from 1999 to 2007 first, Thank You.
    offcourse fans will come out and vote for him and his party goodluckRecommend

• Mohammad Ilyas
    Sep 13, 2010 - 8:50PM

It seems that this time compitition will be among the Musharraf lovers and the corruption lovers. Let us see who eventually win, because it is do and die case for both. People of Pakistan have a lost chance to get rid of the corrupt PMLN and PPP. Musharraf lovers know that the so called corrupt leaders will not surrender easily, but this time they have to – because people of Pakistan are left with no other choice. This is a last opportunity for them.

Welcome Musharraf – corruption lovers seem to be in panic after your come back announcement.Recommend

• Ben
    Sep 13, 2010 - 10:36PM

Welcome home Mushie dear, we miss you. But think what jokers you left for us.Recommend

• Malik Tabeer
    Sep 14, 2010 - 1:14AM

He is one of the most trustworthy person in Pakistan.He is very well educated person from a very good-mannered background.He is not corrupt at all….Pakistan needs Pervez Saheb as a leader..He can only lead Pakistan from destruction to development….Let him come back and tell the world that Pakistan can survive and develop much faster….Let him come….Let him come back…Support him like iron wall..Recommend

• Zubair Hameed
    Sep 14, 2010 - 2:36AM

He is 67, has not got many years left, has not yet created a party and has no succession planning. We are going to vote for a 70 year old in 2013, whose death will leave the party in tatters. Such is the analytical power of our bretheren. Geo PaksitaniesRecommend

• Ali
    Sep 14, 2010 - 4:01AM

have you guys noticed all musharraf spokesmen are either doctors or some other highly educated people and spokemen for other parties cant even talk straight. musharraf wil be back inshallah. everyone who hasnt voted should vote this time. we should stand up and live our rights. Recommend

• Fasih Ali Khan
    Sep 14, 2010 - 9:00AM

He enjoys Populor Support in Pakistan and the Thugs of our Politics don’t like it Ofcourse, That’s why we hear alot of noise.

Long Live Musharraf

Long Live PakistanRecommend

• Rahim
    Sep 14, 2010 - 12:31PM

Welcome Musharraf – idiots are on the run and are in their last breaths. PLMN’s and PPPP’s self destruction has already started – they just require a little push from people of Pakistan, and that push is not far away. Even their hired media persons will be unable to stop their demise, in particular of PML N who is the top supporter of extremism in the country.Recommend

• Saif
    Sep 14, 2010 - 12:52PM

Corrupt jokers of this country are afraid of Musharraf. He will come. He will rule, and rule out!

Mark these words!Recommend

• Sep 14, 2010 - 3:40PM

Old is Gold. We can take practical example of great Quide Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah (Pakistan) and Ata Bihari Vajpai of Indai who were senior citizen. What a great statesmen they were. The more the age, person is more matured, serious and full of knowledge / capability. Musharaff has shown this ability of innovative ideas and handling live press conferences at home and abroad especially in India.

Even old knowledgeable but honest leadera would be acceptable compared to present (in power and opposition) Leaders who have proved to be involded in Loot and Plunder should be tried and hanged publically.

Every tax payer in this country knows value of money. Enough is enough and we do not want to fall from the hill to be vanished.

Regards
    Saleem SiddiqiRecommend

• Sep 14, 2010 - 3:56PM

i love you.Recommend

• s. nazir mohmand
    Sep 14, 2010 - 4:16PM

Though, there is no love lost between us , but still i shall receive you on the air port, if you

bring along Dr Afia the daughter of this nation,which you sold on few US D and others

alike for grabbing huge bounties , to quote you, in the Line of Fire, a plethora of lies.

THERE ARE MANY IN THE LINE OF FIRE OF THE DRONES, WHICH YOU SO

SHEEPISHLY AUTHORIZED TO FLOUT THE SOVEREIGNTY OF THIS NATION ANG

LABLE THEM TERRORISTS MAY THAT BE INNOCENT WOMEN AND CHILDREN.

Ask your master to put a stop to that, if you want to regain the love lost.Plz dont wait till 2013.Be bold enough to face the music ,which is in your blood(quote) specialy the Tablla for which your fingers are crafted. Recommend

• Dr. Mohammad Ilyas
    Sep 14, 2010 - 9:34PM

Long live Musharraf. One thing I am happy about is that the Musharraf opponents (corruption lovers) have nothing in their bags against Musharraf as evident from a few individuals mentioning old lies such as Lal masjid, Bughti, Aafiya and all such nonsense. Eventually truth prevails.Recommend

• Asmat Jamal
    Sep 15, 2010 - 10:34AM

Musharraf will be launching the 73rd Political Party in the long list of Political Parties. As far as his following is concerned, he will be a threat to to his long time ally party MQM, because both share the Indian Immigrant back ground. He should not expect major support from Punjab, Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan. Sindhis will also not identify with him.
    Its good. He should make a place in Urban Sind for himself. Another factor which can earn him some votes will be his inlaws factors who happens to be Qadianies”Recommend

• Rameez Ahmed
    Sep 15, 2010 - 10:36AM

Come back Musharraf & prove the nation the you are the real army man who love his country.
    Rameez Recommend

• A Paki
    Sep 18, 2010 - 9:19AM

I started Kargil and see the result
    I took that fool Sharif out like a fly out of milk
    I started peace talks with India and shook New Delhi to the core
    I joined War on Terror and made it Pakistan’s war
    I opened western front which is still hot
    I attacked Lal Masjid and made WOT into a civil war
    I authored NRO and made it possible to get rid of BB
    I made flexible Kashmir policy, so it is no more Pakistan problem
    I picked a banker as PM so that we can party for 9 years
    My energy policy made it possible to not bother turning the lights on.

Show me one leader who has done so much single handed.
    ZB eat your heart out.Recommend

• Omer Sipra
    Oct 5, 2010 - 4:26PM

Actually they are now screaming because of fear that once Musharraf returns they will lose their power. PPPP already has no hope but PMLN is also now afraid that people will not support Nawaz Sharif because of their poor performance. Musharraf will definitely take the lead if he survives possible assassination by CIA or Talibans.Recommend