TODAY’S PAPER | February 20, 2026 | EPAPER

Crime: Minor boy, woman among three killed in twin cities

Child run over by a tractor, mother and son hit by a truck.


Our Correspondents December 24, 2012 1 min read

RAWALPINDI/ ISLAMABAD: Three persons, including a minor boy and a woman, were killed while four others injured in separate incidents in the twin cities on Sunday.

Subhan Zahid, seven, died when a speeding tractor-trolley hit him near Pir Mehr Ali Shah Town on Chakri Road in Rawalpindi. He was playing with other children when he was hit by the tractor, said the Rescue 1122 officials. The driver of the tractor-trolley escaped from the scene.

The body of the boy was shifted to District Headquarters Hospital for postmortem and later handed over to his parents.

Meanwhile, a woman was killed and her son injured when a dumper truck hit their motorcycle in Sohan area of Chak Shehzad, east of the capital city. The police arrested the truck driver, Asghar Ali, and registered a case against him.

Ashiq Mehmood in his statement to the Shahzad Town police said he along with his mother Zaibun Nisa were on their way home when the speeding dumper truck ((DMA-609) hit his bike, killing his mother on the spot and injuring him.

Moreover, a man died following a clash between two transport groups at Golra Mor in Sabzi Mandi area (vegetable and fruit market), I-11 sector.

According to police, the clash erupted between Noman and Naveed groups of transporters. Naveed was injured in the clash. The dispute was resolved through reconciliation between the two rivals at a jirga at Shams Colony.

Later, Muhammad Jan, father of Noman, died. Police said the man died of cardiac arrest while Jan’s son claimed that his father had been killed by his rivals.

The Sabzi Mandi Police Station In-charge Inspector Abid Ikram told The Express that there were no marks of torture or injury on the deceased’s body.

The police sent the body to the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences to ascertain the cause of the death.

After Jan’s death, a group of people blocked the road for traffic for an hour. The road was re-opened after the police assured to take legal action.

Published in The Express Tribune, December 24th, 2012.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ