Did you know?: One Pound Fish is the Gangnam Style of 2013

Published: December 22, 2012

The world now knows Muhammad Shahid Nazir as the One Pound Fish man from London. In order to attract people to buy his product, this fishmonger came up with a catchy tune: Come on ladies, come on ladies, one pound fish… Have a, have a look, one pound fish! Will this song be the music phenomenon for 2013?

After hearing him sing, people started recording the tune on their phones and later uploaded it on YouTube; it has earned five million hits till date. The fish man has already snapped up a record deal with Warner Music, according to thehothits.com. It’s also currently the second most Googled video.

“It’s a dream for me. What else can I say? I now have all this fame and popularity,” he shares with What’s Trending, according to the Huffington Post. “I think I am living a dream — my whole life has changed. I can forget everything but I can’t forget the one pound fish.”

Published in The Express Tribune, December 23rd, 2012.

Like Life & Style on Facebook and follow at @ETLifeandStyle for the latest in fashion, gossip, entertainment

• Mohammad Assad
    Dec 22, 2012 - 9:50PM

No it isnt.

• Thor
    Dec 22, 2012 - 10:12PM

onepoundfish pakistani style

• Asghar ali
    Dec 22, 2012 - 10:29PM

Indeed it is.

• Mohammad Ali Siddiqui
    Dec 22, 2012 - 10:33PM

The gentleman “one pound fish” went to UK on student visa.

After he became popular, he is been under continuous servillance by the Boder Agency as how he has been living in UK without having proper work visa.

It is anticipated that he may be sent back to Pakistan to apply for a proper work visa so that he should stay in UK legally.

I wish him best of luck in selling “one pound” fish in UK.

• Mohammad Ali Siddiqui
    Dec 22, 2012 - 10:35PM

The gentleman “one pound fish” went to UK on student visa.

I wish him best of luck in selling “one pound” fish in UK.Recommend

• Samar_Yz
    Dec 22, 2012 - 10:53PM

Let’s make this the most watched video of 2013…cm’on Pakistan! If each person watches it 10 times, we can get 2 billion views! So much for Gangnam style :P

• saad
    Dec 23, 2012 - 12:37AM

@Samar_Yz:
    youtube’s banned bro..

• Yo!!
    Dec 23, 2012 - 1:16AM

only if youtube was working in pakistan, its views would have been another million plus views.

• habib
    Dec 23, 2012 - 1:29AM

we should proud of such person, at least, he tries to shows a better of image of Pakistan in the west. I hope the best for his future.

• Lahoria
    Dec 23, 2012 - 2:17AM

No it’s not but the Brit and Pakistani media are trying to make it one so that they can have a story to fill their pages for some days. I find it cringe worthy to be honest. Also when truth about his visa abuse will publicised in Brit tabloids, it will give a bad name to Pakistan’s and immigrants in general.

• Dec 23, 2012 - 2:39AM

Its certainly amusing. I think everyone deserves such high moments in life, just be happy in the happiness of someone.

• Pakistani in US
    Dec 23, 2012 - 8:50AM

I hate this song and can’t really understand it’s massive appeal?

• Shades
    Dec 23, 2012 - 11:41AM

For God’s sake, it’s not even close! You must have a terrible taste in music to compare gangnam style with one pound fish. They’re probably making fun of us!

• Zeux
    Dec 24, 2012 - 4:48AM

Legend!

• Salman
    Dec 30, 2012 - 5:32AM

The person who uploaded the YouTube video with 5 million views, will have made a small fortune over the advertising revenue, due to click rates.

More in Life & Style