Two hospitalised after inhaling poisonous fumes

Workers fainted because they had inhaled too much of the toxic fumes of the pesticide.


Our Correspondent July 30, 2012

HARIPUR:


Two factory workers were hospitalised after inhaling insecticide fumes in Baldhair village on Sunday. They were shifted to Women and Children Hospital Haripur where doctors provided them first aid and referred them to Ayub Medical Complex in Abbottabad for intensive care. Their condition is stated to be critical.


According to the police and factory officials, the two workers, identified as Zeenat Khan and Naeem Ahmed, were spraying insecticides in a warehouse of Quality Feeds Industry which stored poultry feed. The factory officials said that the two workers collapsed while conducting fumigation and were rushed to a hospital.

The doctors maintained that the workers fainted because they had inhaled too much of the toxic fumes of the pesticide, which affected their respiratory system.

The doctors said that the workers were conducting fumigation without employing proper safety measures, such as spray masks, which is why they inhaled so much of the fumes.

Published in The Express Tribune, July 30th, 2012.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read