RPP case: NAB records Raja Pervez Ashraf’s statement

National Accountability Bureau examines minister for information and technology for more than 3 hours.


Our Correspondent April 27, 2012

ISLAMABAD: The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) recorded the statement of Minister for Information and Technology Raja Pervez Ashraf in the Rental Power Projects (RPPs) case on Friday, officials said.

NAB had summoned Ashraf last week but could not record his statement due to the absence of investigators. Ashraf appeared before the investigation team on Friday and was questioned for more than three hours, officials added.

NAB’s investigation team also summoned more than six accused persons including senior officials of Pakistan Electric Power Company (Pepco), Water and Power Development Authority (Wapda) and Genco.

The bureau is proceeding against the accused persons in the RPPs case on the direction of the Supreme Court.

A statement released by NAB claimed that the bureau recovered Rs600 million in the shape of pay orders and Rs225 million in the shape of post-paid cheques on Friday from chief executive officers (CEOs) of some rental power plants who appeared before the investigation team.

NAB would complete its reconciliation process in the next week after examining the collected evidence and other relevant material, the statement further said.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read