LAHORE: Parents of the victims of the January 9 stampede at the Alhamra Cultural Complex launched the Justice for Maheen committee. Actor Naseem Abbas, the father of 17 year-old Maheen Abbas who was killed, held the organisers responsible for the deaths citing criminal negligence and mismanagement as the main reasons for the deaths. He said the parents had registered an FIR. He said a ‘media blackout’ of the event had been sought by the owner of the private group of colleges.
Published in The Express Tribune, February 8th, 2012.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ