PESHAWAR: Seven people, including a woman and three children, were killed when the roof of a house collapsed due to an explosion caused by a gas leakage in the Namak Mandi area of Peshawar early morning on Wednesday.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Imtiaz told The Express Tribune that the explosion, which took place at around 4:45am, was the result of a gas leakage. He said the roof of the double-story building collapsed, killing five people from the same family.
“Nazar Muhammad, his wife and three daughters were killed, while one daughter sustained injuries,” he said. The DSP said that the wife of Nazar Muhammad’s brother was also killed as a result of the explosion.
Imtiaz said that despite awareness campaigns, people do not turn off gas heaters and incidents like this one have become routine.
An operation to shift the debris is currently underway.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ