PTI rally: Membership drive ‘in full swing’ at lawyers’ camp

Published: October 29, 2011
The Likeminded-PTI alliance will give the Sharif’s PML-N a tough time in Punjab, particularly in their heartland of Lahore. PHOTO: AFP/FILE

LAHORE:

Around a thousand people have so far filled membership forms at a camp set up by Tehreek-i-Insaf Lawyers’ Forum (TILF) ahead of the public meeting at Minar-i-Pakistan grounds on Sunday, organisers of the camp said on Friday.

Lawyers’ forum president Syed Shadab Jaffery said the number of visitors coming to the camp was increasing by the day.

He said most visitors were asking about security arrangements as they wanted to attend the event with their families.

Jaffery said TILF members had been distributing rally pamphlets and stickers among pedestrians and motorists on The Mall for four days now. He said the feedback had been very encouraging.

Tehreek-i-Insaf Lawyers’ Forum Punjab General Secretary Anees Ali Hashmi alleged that the Lahore High Court administration had disconnected electricity to the camp. Although, he said, they were earlier permitted to use electricity.

Hashmi said they were now getting electricity from nearby chambers of lawyers supporting them.

Talking to The Express Tribune at the camp, Barrister Hammad Azhar, former governor Mian Azhar’s son, said Arain community of the city had felt alienated by major political parties and that it was now gathering under the banner of PTI.

He said Lahore’s politics was changing as more and more people were placing their trust in Imran Khan’s leadership.

Published in The Express Tribune, October 29th, 2011.

• Alam
    Oct 29, 2011 - 6:33AM

I predict there will be atleast 200,000 people at the 30th october jalsa, atleast 7 times more than the rally organised by the provincial government of PML N. This would clear all doubts in people’s minds that where does lahoriites stand.

• farooq
    Oct 29, 2011 - 11:29AM

i was never enthusiastic about elections, but keeping in view the honesty of the Imran, i have decided to run free jubilant election campaign for him in my city

My complete family of about 500 will vote for him …

• Engr.Mohsin Raza
    Oct 29, 2011 - 11:42AM

Insha Allah we (I with my friends) are going to join him tomorrow at his rally in Minar e Pakistan. He is the only man who felt the pain of Drone Victims- our Pashtun Brothers. Punjab being the elder brother and I as a Punjabi, feel my moral duty and Jihad to join PTI in this gathering. It is a Jihad against drones, corruption and biased rulersRecommend

• Engr.Mohsin Raza
    Oct 29, 2011 - 11:43AM

I appeal to all humanitarian activist, civil defense personnels, students, professionals and all my patriot Pakistanis to come to Jalsa and support Imran’s cause of nation building.

• Oct 29, 2011 - 12:00PM

dont worry guyz u almost on ur way towards ur destiny…………No body can stops U…………Dont loose hope if someones trying to terrifies U…………God bless pakistan and PTI:)

• Usman
    Oct 29, 2011 - 1:13PM

InshAllah Imran Khan will b the next primeminister of Pakistan and pti will sweep the elections.

• Oct 29, 2011 - 2:30PM

Thumbs up for everyone….and…..like like like

• RMN
    Oct 29, 2011 - 2:42PM

After the comical showdown from Shehbaz Sharif’s closed street rally yesterday, let’s get down to some serious issues from PTI at the enormous Minar e Pakistan tomorrow, inshallah. When Allah is with you, then senseless problems like the LHC are posing can easily be overcome! Justice will prevail…!!!

• zuhaib
    Oct 29, 2011 - 3:46PM

salam to pakistani brothers i appeal to all pakistanis who will be there in lahore on 30th oct to join the pti jalsa to begin our true future from there

• Taimur
    Oct 29, 2011 - 8:03PM

we r coming with my all Friends ..Always support Imran khan . chalo chalo Minar e Pakistan chalo…(its time to show power of youth)

• Amir
    Oct 30, 2011 - 1:38AM

PTI should open there party activities in the labour unions of Public organization.
    like PIA, PTCL,OGDC,PTV as mostly PPP is really active there and having too much vote bank from there.

• Irfan Shah
    Oct 30, 2011 - 10:06AM

Unfortunately I can’t come to Lahore from Peshawar in person but I will be there in person and my prayers are with all the well-wishers of PTI – the only party which can save Pakistan and Pakistanis

• Atiya Zahid
    Oct 30, 2011 - 11:50AM

King khan you are doing well, we all are with you. All over the world Pakistani’s are waiting for this Jals, unfortunately we are away so we can’t join physically but our prayers are with you.We all are with you.May Allah bless you. (ameen)
    Wake up youth
    Nahi Tera Nasheeman qasre sultani ke gumbad par
    tu shaheen hai basera kar pahdo ki chatano me
    uqabi rooh jab bedar hoti hai jawano me
    nazar aati hai unko apni manzil aasmano me

Lets join hands 2gather and go to Minary Pakistan

BARNA HAA AGAR HAAR KADAM Jub tak ha dum main Dummmmmmmmmmmm .
    Hogi kabhi himaat na kammmmmm……
    Ha Jazba junoo tue himaat na haar
    Barhna na ha aggay haar kadaam Jub taak haa dum main dummmmmmmmmmmmm

We will rule the world ( Inshallah). May Allah bless all of us. (Ameen)Pakistan Zindabad JUB Taaq Ha Yeah Duniya Baqi Hum Dekhain Azaad Tujhy……. (Ameen)

• fazal
    Oct 31, 2011 - 2:20PM

@Best part of the Minar-e-Pakistan PTI

Most of the public came with their family members.
    What I feel as neutral observer that family members are not getting any interest
    in any other political party event like this one.

I’m happy that public & family members are getting interest.

My best wishes are with PTI changes slogan.
    Sure will get some changes..

• umair mahmood
    Nov 6, 2011 - 11:15AM

@Alam:

Yes Sir, you were absolutely right.
    And Thank God for that.