M-10 motorway to cost $400m, govt tells NA
.

The government on Friday informed the National Assembly that working on a new motorway, M-10, to provide a direct Karachi-Hyderabad connection was underway.
Responding to questions during Question Hour, the federal parliamentary secretary for communications said the existing M-9 would continue to serve as an expressway.
The feasibility work for the M-10 had been completed, he said, adding that the government was working to bypass the existing route and establish a direct motorway link between Karachi and Hyderabad.
He said the Karachi-Hyderabad motorway was expected to be completed by 2028, adding the government had reviewed the reasons behind the delay in the project, which had remained stalled for nearly three decades.
The project had been divided into five sections of around 50 kilometres each to facilitate investment, adding that the project required an investment of more than $400 million.
However, no investor had previously been willing to finance it, while the government also lacked sufficient funds for the purpose.
He said all five sections were floated internationally to attract investment. Three sections had attracted investment through different financing arrangements, including the Islamic Development Bank, while the procurement process for some sections was nearing completion. He said the FWO had shown interest in two sections. He added that all five sections were expected to be completed by 2028.



















COMMENTS
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ