Over 90% buildings in Sindh lack fire safety
Inspections carried out at 3,633 buildings; 889 buildings been declared high risk due to serious violations

A staggering 91.3 per cent of buildings surveyed by a Sindh government's committee were found deficient in fire safety arrangements.
The panel was formed in the aftermath of Gul Plaza deadly blaze which claimed nearly 80 lives, injured hundreds and financially devastated thousands of people.
The Sindh government has decided to seal high-risk buildings across the province found to be in violation of fire safety laws.
A high-level meeting on fire safety was held under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary Asif Hyder Shah on Thursday. The meeting was attended by the secretary for rehabilitation, the director general of the Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA), commissioners and deputy commissioners.
Briefing the meeting, the chief secretary said that inspections had been carried out at 3,633 buildings across the province. He said that 889 buildings had been declared high risk due to serious violations, while owners and managements of medium- and low-risk buildings had been directed to take corrective measures to address safety shortcomings.


1725254039-0/Untitled-design-(24)1725254039-0-208x130.webp)





















COMMENTS (1)
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ