Anjiya Mithani is an up and coming content creator and has been creating online magic for almost three years. She started off with sharing make-up content alone, but soon she discovered her forte in fashion and styling videos. Adding another feather to her cap she has also been modelling for some time now. And yet, Mithani believes that she is just getting started and we couldn’t agree more. This week, she decodes her style for us.
How would you describe your personal style?
- Clean Girl Aesthetic with a pop of colour and comfy yet experimental for sure!
How has your style changed over the years?
- Okay so I won’t say my style totally changed over the years but I think it just transformed into a different version of the same style. Back then I think I was very careless about what I’m buying and was only buying pieces that I knew I could only wear once but now I’m being more mindful, hence my style revolves heavily around having a capsule closet.
What do you carry effortlessly, eastern or western wear?
- Haha it might sound cocky but I think I can carry both styles very effortlessly. With the right styling, I think anything can look good.
How do you dress your body according to your body type?
- Even though I’m a bit curvy I still think I end up wearing anything without keeping my body type in mind and still pull it off. I just think restricting body types from wearing one thing or the other because it’s not “for them” is just not right, anyone can wear whatever they want.
In your opinion what is the biggest mistake a person can make while dressing up?
- In my eyes, I don’t think there are any rules and mistakes when it comes to fashion because it’s very personal to everyone but from my experience and from what I’ve noticed around me is that sometimes we just overdo the fashion element so much that we forget comfort, which leads to just being super annoyed by the outfit all day long.
Which silhouettes suit your body the most?
- Oh definitely casual preppy streetwear, so I’m a fan of baggy button-down shirts with a good pair of jeans/pants!
What is the one piece of clothing that you shy away from wearing and why?
- Honestly, I don’t shy away from any pieces of clothing. Even though I am someone who prefers comfy clothes, I still have a very wild experimental side.
What are three essential clothing items everyone should have in their wardrobe?
- Okay so I always recommend this to everyone who asks me this question; Firstly a pair of well-fitted jeans; it can be of any style but just make sure it looks flattering on you. Secondly, a white button-down and thirdly, a set of gold jewellery that you can wear anywhere. Good pieces of jewellery can really make you look put together and high maintenance.
In your opinion, what is your most troublesome area?
- I personally prefer keeping positive affirmations towards my body so I never truly consider any area troublesome. Plus I think my confident attitude makes me feel thankful for my body because of how well it carries any style!
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ