At least two killed in Balochistan landmine explosion

Unidentified accused planted a device on the road leading towards the coal mines in Harnai district, says official


Syed Ali Shah May 31, 2022
Law enforcement agencies reached the spot soon after the explosion. PHOTO: EXPRESS

QUETTA:

At least two people were killed in a landmine explosion in Balochistan’s Harnai district on Tuesday, officials said.

Deputy Commissioner Harnai Sardar Muhammad Rafique said that the incident took place in Khost area of the district.

The unidentified accused had planted a landmine on the road leading towards the coal mines, the official said. Two people were killed on the spot when their water tanker hit the explosive device planted on the roadside, he added.

The victims, identified as Salahuddin and Muhammad Ali, belonged to the Tika Bala area of the district. Law enforcement agencies including levies and the DC Harnai reached the spot soon after the explosion and launched investigation into the incident.

Also read: Another earthquake hits Balochistan’s Harnai

The bodies were shifted to district headquarters hospital Harnai and they will be handed over to the families of the victims after the completion of necessary official procedures, said the DC.

Last year, three coal miners were shot dead in the same district after unidentified armed men opened fire on them.

According to the Balochistan Levies personnel, three miners – Juma Khan, Rehmatullah and Izzatullah – were left dead on the spot when assailants opened fire at Amanullah Taran's coal mine at Zalawan in Shahrag area of Harnai in the wee hours.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

Most Read