The Sindh High Court (SHC) has ordered expediting the investigation into the recovery of missing Kamran and other such people.
The court ordered the formation a taskforce at the district level. It said the body should comprise capable officers and SHC sought a progress report on February 16.
The court also ordered that the report of the detention centres, given to the Supreme Court, be submitted to the SHC as well.
The investigating officer claimed that Kamran was a gangster and member of the Uzair Baloch Sikandar and Seiko group. "He has been involved in several serious crimes."
Justice Muhammad Iqbal Kalhoro, in an exchange with the investigation officer, said that these missing individuals were poor people.
"Think about it," he advised. The IO assured Kamran was not in anyone's custody.
Read More: 12 missing persons have returned, body told
Justice Muhammad Iqbal Kalhoro reminded the officer that it was his job to search for missing persons. "What steps have been taken for the recovery of missing Bilal Khan?" he asked.
The investigating officer said that letters had been written to various agencies, and most of them did not reply.
"What is the way to investigate?" the court asked angrily. "Did writing a letter complete the investigation? Create some sense of responsibility and act accordingly."
The court ordered expediting the investigation into the recovery of missing persons.
Published in The Express Tribune, January 22nd, 2022.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ