Elderly couple suffocates to death

Police say couple’s daughter who fell unconscious is in critical condition


Our Correspondent January 14, 2022

RAWALPINDI:

An elderly couple died of suffocation while their daughter fell unconscious when fumes from burning coal filled their room at their house in Kallar Syedan on Thursday.

Police said that the family was sleeping in the room where a coal heater was burning. The gas filled the room while they were asleep. As a result, 75-year-old Wasal Khan and his 65-year-old wife Sardarz died of suffocation while their 30-year-old daughter Saima Bibi fell unconscious.

As soon as the information was received, Rescue 1122 and police rushed to the spot and shifted the unconscious to the hospital, where the condition of Saima is said to be critical.

Meanwhile, an 11-year old girl died due to a gas leakage blast in the jurisdiction of Gujar Khan police station late Wednesday night.

The walls and window panes of the house were also damaged due to the blast.

According to Rescue 1122, gas was filled in a room of the house of Azhar, when his daughter named Aima Bibi showed a match stick which exploded at Dhoke Mughalan on Gulyana Road due to leakage.

As a result, the girl suffered severe burn injuries and died on the spot. Rescue 1122 rushed to the scene and shifted the body to THQ Hospital for autopsy.

Published in The Express Tribune, January 14th, 2022.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read