The building which collapsed on Thursday in the Lyari area of Karachi claimed 27 lives, reported Express 24/7 on Sunday.
The rescue officials said that there are very slim chances of any survivors, but they aim to continue the operation until the last survivor or body is taken out.
The rescue operation is being carried out at a slow pace as the adjoining buildings are also feared to collapse at any time.
Updated from print version (below)
Building collapse: Day 3, Death toll rises to 21 in Moosa Lane
With the death toll rising to 21, the government of Sindh has announced compensation for the families affected by the Qasr-e-Ruqaiya building collapse in Moosa Lane Lyari on Thursday.
The rescue teams continue to search for more people as 50 per cent of the rubble of the building has been cleared.
“The families who lost their loved ones in the collapse will receive a financial compensation of Rs300,000 for an employed family member, Rs200,000 for unemployed and Rs50,000 for injured family members,” said a statement issued from the Chief Minister House.
“The building has been evacuated while the three building owners have been detained,” said Deputy Commissioner South Mustafa Jamal Qazi while talking to the media.
He added that temporary camps had been set up for the people who had to evacuate their homes.
The evacuees protested in front of the Chuttan Shah Shrine and blocked the Kharadar road because they were not allowed to gather their personal belongings from the buildings.
“The government has not provided us with an alternative place to stay, no proper arrangement for our Sehri or Iftari has been made,” said protesters.
Published in The Express Tribune, August 7th, 2011.