RAWALPINDI: Four out of eight family members, who were severely burnt in a gas leakage blast, succumbed to their injuries at the Holy Family Hospital (HFH) on Saturday.
A couple and their six children had suffered burn injuries when a gas explosion occurred at their home in Dhok Najju area in the precincts Pirwudhai police station on May 1. The deceased included the mother and three children while the father and other three children were still under treatment at the burn unit of the healthcare facility.
Speaking on the incident, the family sources said that the blast occurred on May 1 when the victims slept after consuming sehri meal. When one of the members woke up and lit a matchstick, a blast occurred. The fire engulfed the entire house within seconds.
Published in The Express Tribune, May 10th, 2020.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ