Mine worker killed in explosion

Explosive material stored in his house caught fire accidentally.


Express August 02, 2011

ABBOTABAD: A mine worker was killed on Sunday when explosive material stored in his house caught fire accidentally.

Officials said that Munsif Khan was a mine worker who used small intensity licensed detonators for quarrying in mines in Kakul. For this purpose, according to family sources, he had stored a small quantity of explosive material in his living room. On Sunday when he was alone in the house sitting on the cot that had the stored explosive material beneath, he mistakenly threw the butt of his burning cigarette on the explosive material. The resulting explosion killed him on the spot. The room was also damaged in the blast that caused panic in the entire village.

Published in The Express Tribune, August 1st, 2011.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read