The Indian army yet again resorted to unprovoked ceasefire violations along the Line of Control (LoC) late Saturday, and caused serious injuries to two civilians, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said.
The military's media wing stated that Indian troops deliberately targeted civilians along the LoC and Working Boundary in Chirikot and Shakargarh sectors.
The use of artillery and heavy mortars caused injuries to a 35-year-old resident of Seiran Village and a 57-year-old resident of Nangal Village.
Both the injured were evacuated and provided necessary medical assistance.
Two soldiers martyred in North Waziristan anti-terror operation
A day earlier, Indian troops had restored to ceasefire violations along the LoC and caused injuries to six civilians, including a 15-year-old girl.
In a second incident, Indian troops had targeted a village in the Nikial sector of the LoC.
“Pakistan Army troops responded effectively with matching calibre and targeted those Indian Army posts which initiated fire,” ISPR said.
“In 2020, the Indian Army committed 708 Ceasefire Violations so far, in which 2 citizens embraced Shahadat while 42 sustained injuries.”