Corinthians deny Tevez deal with City

EPL club claims they have agreed to sell their Argentine star.


Afp July 18, 2011

SAO PAULO:


No deal has yet been agreed to bring Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez to Corinthians, announced the Brazilian club.


The announcement comes after Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini said that there was an “agreement” between the two clubs for the transfer pending the Argentine securing his personal terms.

But Corinthians President Andres Sanchez denied any such agreement had been reached, saying City “did not accept Corinthians’ proposal for the footballer”.

“For the moment there is nothing concrete on Tevez and the counter-proposal will be examined [by Sanchez] and the board,” said the club.

According to Sanchez, City sent Corinthians a counter-proposal in which “it asks for changes in the form of payment and the total value of the transaction. Furthermore, Manchester City insisted that Tevez renounce a sum outstanding with the English club”.

‘The other side’

However, Manchester City said that they have agreed a deal to sell their Argentine star Carlos Tevez to Brazilian side Corinthians, according to Mancini.

“At the moment we have an agreement with Corinthians, but Carlos now is still a City player,” said Mancini.

According to reports, the deal will be closed when personal terms between the 27-year-old Tevez and his new club are agreed.

The Brazilian side had offered €40 million for the striker but City had been holding out for more for their captain and Corinthians have reportedly made an improved offer.

Published in The Express Tribune, July 19th, 2011.

E-Publications

Most Read

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ