Efforts afoot to control dengue, says DG health Balochistan

Published: September 22, 2019
Email
PHOTO: REUTERS

PHOTO: REUTERS

QUETTA: Balochistan Director General Health Dr Kamalan Gichki has said 91 cases of dengue have been reported from three districts of the province so far during the month of September.

“The affected districts are Lasbela, Gwadar and Kech. Lasbela has been the worst-affected district with 43 cases this month. No case has been reported from Quetta till now,” he said.  Apart from conducting spray, a special team from DG health office has also been sent to the affected areas.

Gichki said a total of 2,527 dengue cases have been reported in Balochistan this year, of which 1,725 were reported in Kech district.

“In the last three days, no dengue case has been reported from any district, which suggests that the efforts of health department to control the virus are bearing fruit. All the affected districts have been sprayed, which will help significantly improve the situation in the coming days,” he added.

The DG health said special wards have been set up at Quetta’s Fatima Jinnah Hospital, Jam Ghulam Qadir Hospital Lasbela and District Headquarters Hospital in Turbat. “The government is utilizing all resources to control the virus but people should also take precautions towards the disease,” he noted. 

Published in The Express Tribune, September 22nd, 2019.

Facebook Conversations

Leave Your Reply Below

Your comments may appear in The Express Tribune paper. For this reason we encourage you to provide your city. The Express Tribune does not bear any responsibility for user comments.

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive. For more information, please see our Comments FAQ.

More in Balochistan