‘Poisonous’ gas kills two

Published: July 25, 2019
Email
PHOTO: FILE

PHOTO: FILE

SHEIKHUPURA: Two people died and another fell unconscious after inhaling poisonous gas while cleaning a well in Kot Pindi Das area of Muridke. Reportedly, a farmer named Manzoor became unconscious after going into the well. He was followed by his son Irfan who wanted to bring his father to safety. However, he also became unconscious. Then a third person went into the well to rescue the men, also falling unconscious. Residents reported the incident to Rescue 1122 which managed to extract all three men from the well. However, Manzoor and Irfan died on the way to the hospital. The third person, identified as Abdul Shakoor, is under treatment at THQ Hospital, Muridke and in critical condition. Rescue workers said the gas was produced in the well due to heavy rainfall in the area during the past few days.  

Published in The Express Tribune, July 25th, 2019.

Facebook Conversations

Leave Your Reply Below

Your comments may appear in The Express Tribune paper. For this reason we encourage you to provide your city. The Express Tribune does not bear any responsibility for user comments.

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive. For more information, please see our Comments FAQ.

More in Pakistan